UK Startup Visa

Ever heard of start-up visa and innovator visa in UK? This is the right place to guide you.

An individual may apply for a start-up visa if they are novel entrepreneurs who aim to start an innovative business in the UK. They may not have graduated or have startup funds. It is a one-time visa that can be valid for up to 2 years.  However, individuals with this visa can prolong their time by switching to the Innovator visa group and will then meet the requirements for ILR after three years. They are eligible to take their family i.e. partner and children eighteen years of age to the UK.


To meet the requirements for a Start-up visa one will have to prove that they:

  • Are a minimum of Eighteen years of age;
  • Do not have a business already in the UK
  • Have an endorsement by a UK-based higher education institution and/or a businessorganisation, which is historically known for supporting UK entrepreneurs
  • Have an endorsement letter that was given to them at least 3 months prior to their application;
  • Plan to commence, and can undertake, any activity or business work in the UK specified in their application;
  • Are proficient in English language to at least CEFR Level B2 (equal to IELTS 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking);
  • Possess £1270 to sustain themself, and £285 for a dependent partner, £315 for a first child and £200 for each additional child.

Start-up visa applicants don’t require any capital investment for their business but some endorsement companies need a definite amount of funds as a rule for endorsing.



To get endorsement for a business idea, the endorsement body should be content with the business’ feasibility and sustainability. The endorsement body will have to be satisfied that the individual needs to give most of his to work on growing the business.



If there is a start-up team, each member will have to get his/her own endorsement by an official endorsement body.



If the endorsement gets an approval, one will be given the letter of endorsement which needs to be given as a step of the application for visa.



2 Years



  • Not-extendable
  • Not eligible for settlement.